National Health Protection Scheme
What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY), is a program which aims to provide a service to create a healthy, capable and content new India. Presently it is running as a pilot project in Uttar Pradesh from 4 September 2018. It has two goals, one, creating a network of health and wellness infrastructure across the nation to deliver comprehensive primary healthcare services, and another is to provide insurance cover to at least 40 per cent of India's population which is majorly deprived of secondary and tertiary care services. Indu Bhushan appointed as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).This centrally sponsored flagship scheme aims to provide an annual health cover of up to Rs. 5 lakh to vulnerable 10 crore families (approximately 50 crore persons – 40% of country’s population) based on Socio Economic and Caste Census database.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana was launched on 23 September 2018. Beneficiaries will receive Ayushman Bharat Family Health Cards .The key stakeholders in the scheme besides the consumers or beneficiaries are the Healthcare Providers, state governments and Insurance companies without whose support and involvement the execution of this scheme cannot happen.
The scheme was launched in the background of 71st Round of National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO) which has found 85.9% of rural households and 82% of urban households to be having no access to healthcare insurance/assurance. More than 17% of Indian population spend at least 10% of household budgets for health services.
Website Link: https://www.abnhpm.gov.in/
Ayushman Bharat consists of two major elements.
- National Health Protection Scheme - to provide cashless treatment to patients
- Health and Wellness centres (HWC) - to provide primary care to the patients
In fact, the government will upgrade existing Public Health Centres to Wellness Centres. The government has roped in multiple agencies to ensure seamless coordination between the centre and states.
It offers the benefits as under :
- Cashless Treatment at Public/Private Healthcare Providers
- Secondary and Tertiary care hospitalization treatments coverage
- 5 Lakhs cover per family
- No cap on size of family or age of family members
- Pre-existing diseases covered from Day 1 of enrolment of the scheme
- Portable across India at all empaneled healthcare Providers
- Fixed Transportation Allowance payable from place of residence to hospital
- AYUSH (Alternative Medicine Systems other than Allopathic) covered
1. eNBioScan C1 Scanner:
2. Chinese QR code reader:
3. Zebra QR code reader:
4. Irishield MK2120 UL: