National Health Protection Scheme
What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY), is a program which aims to provide a service to create a healthy, capable and content new India. Presently it is running as a pilot project in Uttar Pradesh from 4 September 2018. It has two goals, one, creating a network of health and wellness infrastructure across the nation to deliver comprehensive primary healthcare services, and another is to provide insurance cover to at least 40 per cent of India's population which is majorly deprived of secondary and tertiary care services. Indu Bhushan appointed as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).This centrally sponsored flagship scheme aims to provide an annual health cover of up to Rs. 5 lakh to vulnerable 10 crore families (approximately 50 crore persons – 40% of country’s population) based on Socio Economic and Caste Census database.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana was launched on 23 September 2018. Beneficiaries will receive Ayushman Bharat Family Health Cards .The key stakeholders in the scheme besides the consumers or beneficiaries are the Healthcare Providers, state governments and Insurance companies without whose support and involvement the execution of this scheme cannot happen.
The scheme was launched in the background of 71st Round of National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO) which has found 85.9% of rural households and 82% of urban households to be having no access to healthcare insurance/assurance. More than 17% of Indian population spend at least 10% of household budgets for health services.
Website Link: https://www.abnhpm.gov.in/
Ayushman Bharat consists of two major elements.
National Health Protection Scheme - to provide cashless treatment to patients
Health and Wellness centres (HWC) - to provide primary care to the patients
In fact, the government will upgrade existing Public Health Centres to Wellness Centres. The government has roped in multiple agencies to ensure seamless coordination between the centre and states.
It offers the benefits as under :
Cashless Treatment at Public/Private Healthcare Providers
Secondary and Tertiary care hospitalization treatments coverage
5 Lakhs cover per family
No cap on size of family or age of family members
Pre-existing diseases covered from Day 1 of enrolment of the scheme
Portable across India at all empaneled healthcare Providers
Fixed Transportation Allowance payable from place of residence to hospital
- AYUSH (Alternative Medicine Systems other than Allopathic) covered
PM Modi Health Card details and application-
The PM modi health card can be online downloaded from site pmjay.gov.in . Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is for providing health care, through which citizens can use them for medical treatment without any payment done to hospitals enlisted under this scheme.
1) About 40% of needy families have been included in providing health cashless facilities.
2) Medical facilities free of cost.
3) covers the post-hospitalization expenses for the patient.
4) Patients facing issues with the treatment of Oncology and Cancer chemotherapy for them government has covered more than 50 types of cancer under this scheme.
5) the applicant will also get follow-up coverage for treatment in the hospital given in the government list.
Process to apply for Health card -
1) First, the Applicant has to go to the Official Website of PMJAY online.
2) Then on the homepage, you need to click on Am I Eligible option given.
3) After that enter your mobile number and then enter OTP sent to your phone number.
4) Then, choose the name of your state.
5) So you need to search details either with mobile number, name, HHD number / Ration card number.
6) If you are eligible, then you can click on apply.
7) After that, you need to provide details and attach the scan copy of the document required here.
8) At last click on submit.
9) Soon, you will get the Health card at the given address.
1. eNBioScan C1 Scanner:
2. QR code reader:
3. Zebra QR code reader:
4. Irishield MK2120 UL:
Using a QR Scanner/Bar Code Reader
Switch on the QR Scanner or the Bar Code reader.
Open the required software on the computer.
Press the ON button on the device.
Hover over the QR code or the Bar code available on the HH-ID card and the letter issued by the PM.
The file will be saved in the computer. Rename the file accordingly so it can be found later.
Using a Fingerprint /Iris Scanner
Switch on the device.
Open the required software on the computer.
Capture the required Biometrics of the beneficiary by pressing thumb/any finger on the fingerprint scanner and capturing the the retina of the eye for Iris scanner.
The required scan is captured and appears on the computer screen.
Rename the file accordingly so it can be found later.